Big W Job Application Process
Big W has a total of 186 stores and is a retail chain that offers a wide range of products from clothing to household goods, toys and electronic devices. Big W, which combines high quality at low prices, caters children, women and men from 7 to 70 years old, with more products that you can think of, such as clothing, electronics, pet food, cleaning items, party goods, toys and books. From 1964 until today, Big W’s passionate team of 22,000 people, especially at its stores in Australia and Asia, are working hard to offer you the best service and to make you feel like at your home in the stores.
Big W consider that a positive environment in the stores makes you satisfied and happy, so Big W places importance to its staff. As a big company of Big W always tries to help its employees reach the highest point in their careers and improve themselves.
Big W Job Opportunities
Big W’s team of 22,000 professionals are always encouraged to have positive attitudes, a big smile towards customers and good communication with them. Be part of a vibrant, fast-paced environment and a working culture based on respect and teamwork. You will be expected to conquer professional challenges, but make sure that Big W will also find time for fun. These excellences and encourages everyone to give of their best, aim high and get the job done. Moreover, Big W’s sales team partners with clients to help them get the most out of its products and services to drive their long-term success. Big W enables you to be able to do your work passionately and feel yourself as a part of a family. Here you can easily use all the experiences you will win from your professional to private life.
Big W Jobs and Salary Information
Big W has a huge work team of 22,000 people and wants to grow this team even bigger. Be part of a fun, passion and inspiring team. Here are some positions that you can work and some characteristics necessary to work:
The successful candidates will be offered a casual role and will have availability predominantly from Tuesday to Sunday, between the hours of 2.00pm to 10.00pm, extensive availability will be highly regarded. This may vary over the Christmas period and must be available over Christmas and weekends.
As a Fill Associate you are responsible to replenish and recover the store ensuring this occurs within the allocated timeframe.
Your strong attention to detail coupled with your ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment will see you be successful in this role. Safety will always be one of your highest priorities!
• The ability to work cooperatively in a team
• Capacity to work in a physically demanding role
• Great time management and organisational skills
Play a key role in delivering a Live Big for Less experience to our customers, from consultation through to sale know that you are delivering quality products and specialised service at a low price.
- The latest, state-of-the-art equipment and a well established customer base awaits your expertise
- Partner with the Practice Business Manager to implement outstanding business initiatives
- Great career opportunities within one of Australia’s most iconic retail brands
A qualified Optometrist with a genuine passion for eye health and customer care. But it’s not just about the eyes, you’ll bring a couple more senses to the table:
- Ears & Mouth – Communication! In addition to providing exceptional customer service, you’ll be collaborating with your team and liaising with Medicare
- Hands – Experience using Optomate desirable, although not essential
A space planner researches a location, considers its intended use, and prepares a plan that most effectively employs that space.
- Project Management Skills
- Microsoft Office, CAD, google docs.
- Proven success in delivering multiple projects in a portfolio environment with tight timelines in a startup environment
To consistently provide a genuine and personalised service experience for our customers. To process transactions and manage queries in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner and ensure customers leave our store with a satisfied outcome.
- Approach each customer as if they were the first customer of the day and provide a genuinely positive experience during each interaction
- Acknowledge and greet customers with friendly energy
- Process all Point-of-Sale transactions accurately following BIG W procedure
- Handle cash accurately and securely
You will have previous experience as an Assistant Category Manager or Junior Buyer in a retail buying team successfully supporting a sizeable category with proven results. Your sound commercial acumen with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future, will ensure your success in this role.
You will play a key role assisting our customers on the shop floor with a focus on providing a great customer experience.
You will promote our principles of display throughout the apparel department, driving sales and ensuring a safe and engaging environment for our customers and team.
As a Fill Leader you are responsible to lead the team, to replenish and recover the store ensuring this occurs within the allocated timeframe and budget.
• Plan the workload and resources required to deliver daily store replenishment, presentation and rework to company standard and within budget
• Oversee the fill (including Zone Back of House) and presentation operation to ensure work is completed on time, to the Company standard and the store is ready for trade
• Ensure procedures are followed to minimise store stock loss
Assistant Fill Leader
As an Assistant Fill Leader, you will play a role in guiding the team to ensure the right stock is in the right place, at the right time. This role typically operates Monday to Friday 3pm to 12pm.
• Join BIGW as we embark on a transformational journey
• Lead a fun and inspiring team
• Be rewarded with competitive remuneration and benefits
Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
Your previous retail management experience coupled with your ability to motivate teams and encourage teamwork will see you successful in this role!
As an Assistant Category Manager and reporting into the Category Manager, you will be responsible for buying and managing your own range. You will price the range to maximise sales, profit, customer satisfaction and optimise inventory. Working with exciting products like Mobiles, Tablets, Fitbits & Photography you will be:
You will be responsible for identifying, analysing and investigating all suspicious transactions and potential fraudulent activities, thereby achieving stock loss reduction goals and minimising the businesses overall risk.
Click for detailed information about positions;
Big W Job Application Form/PDF
There are two ways to make your application for Big W. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview. The second way of application is to head to the nearest
Big W to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
How to Apply for a Big W Job
Click on the link below to apply for a job