Zambrero Supply Chain & Innovations Manager Job Description
We are looking for an absolute superstar to manage all aspects of Zambrero’s supply chain, procurement and innovation as our new Supply Chain & Innovation Manager. This role is as much about leadership and building relationships as it is about Supply Chain as you will be leading a small but very passionate team.
We are on a mission to make a difference. A big difference. Not only do we serve fresh, delicious Mexican food, we are doing our bit to end world hunger through our Plate 4 Plate initiative, as you can see in our video below. By 2025, our goal is to donate one billion meals. That’s right, one BILLION meals. We can’t do this without a robust and innovative supply chain and that’s where our Supply Chain & Innovation Manager comes in.
Founded in 2005 by philanthropist and entrepreneur Dr Sam Prince, Zambrero is Australia’s largest Mexican chain with over 160 restaurants here and overseas. We move at lightning speed and will continue to do so opening 30+ restaurants this year in Australia alone.
We’re not like other organisations, we’re different and we are proud of that. We have a No D***head Policy and a culture that we challenge you to find anywhere else – one of mutual respect, collaboration, hard work and high performance.
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you someone who just gets in and gets the job done?
- Are you process orientated?
- Are you constantly challenging the boundaries of possibility?
If you answered ‘YES!’ to these questions, then you could be perfect for us!
About this Position – Supply Chain & Innovation Manager
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, we are looking for an absolute superstar to manage all aspects of Zambrero’s supply chain, procurement and innovation. However, this role is as much about leadership and building relationships as it is about Supply Chain as you will be leading a small but very passionate team.
The responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing suppliers and supplier relationships including price negotiations, agreements and performance reviews
- Sourcing cost effective and profitable solutions in line with broader business strategic objectives
- Assessing the current inventory planning processes and implementing improvements where necessary
- Overseeing the sourcing, commercialisation and rollout of new products to the network
- Identify costing saving opportunities to improve profitability
- Managing international third-party logistics and Zambrero IP products across Europe, New Zealand and USA.
- Manage the New Product Development calendar
- Overseeing the production, testing and rollout of new equipment in conjunction with the operations team
- Regular presentations to internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure suppliers are meeting or exceeding agreed quality standards
- Evaluate raw materials and ingredients for functionality, suitability and quality for use in new or current products
- Prepare relevant documentation such as recipes, specifications and product instructions for new products and/or alterations to existing products
- Identify opportunities for product/process improvement
- Manage nutrition and allergen information process
About our new Supply Chain & Innovation Manager – You?
Above all, we are looking for someone who gets stuff done. We can’t stress enough; this is a fast paced role and you need to move quickly to be able to keep up.
This person will:
- Be client and customer focused – Franchise partners are our clients and everything we do is done with them and our customers in mind.
- Give up their seat for a customer – this is how much we care about the experience they have at one of our restaurants
- Be a people person and be able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders – you need to stellar at building relationships
- Be confident with stakeholder management
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload
- Be creative and bring ideas to the table to grow sales and increase foot traffic
- Be a team player
- Be energetic and passionate – we move at an incredible pace and we need you to be able to keep up
- Use your skills, common sense and initiative
- Share our humanitarian values and be passionate about making a difference in the world
- Not be a d***head – please refer to above policy
- Be proactive and embrace change
We are looking for someone with at least 2 years’ experience in the food industry. A bachelor or post graduate degree in a related field or 5 plus years’ experience in a structured Supply Chain and Procurement environment is essential. You will also need to have demonstrated experience in leadership and people development roles.
What can this role offer you? You will work with a tight-knit, experienced team of professionals and as we continue to grow, there will be plenty of development opportunities if you want them.
We are not a traditional business, so we don’t want traditional people.
If this sounds like the role for you, hurry up and apply because we can’t wait to meet you!
Job Application Link: https://www.zambrero.com.au/jobs/support-office/supply-chain-innovations-manager