Virgin Australia Online Job Application Process
Virgin Australia stands as one of the best qualified companies among its field. By submitting your application to Virgin Australia that provides the opportunity to work in different positions and departments, you can climb the steps one by one in the way of reaching the top of your career goals. Candidates who reside in Australia will have detailed information both about the online and direct application to Virgin Australia through reading this article. The positions which you can apply for at the nearest Virgin Australia to your location will be explained below.
Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd, formerly Virgin Blue Airlines, is Australia’s second-largest airline after Qantas and it is the largest airline by fleet size to use the ‘Virgin’ brand. Now based in Bowen Hills, Brisbane, the airline was co-founded by British businessman Richard Branson, the founder of parent Virgin Group and former Virgin Blue CEO Brett Godfrey.
Apply Online Virgin Australia Jobs
Having open positions in each department, Virgin Australia waits for your applications. Virgin Australia does not require high- level qualifications but the ambition for work and dynamic/ energetic nature for entry level positions: after the application is completed, if the candidate is appropriate for the position, the candidate will be required to join an interview to check the application information and eligibility for the position face to face and the recruitment will be done. Candidates can apply for the best fit position among the list below according to their history either online or directly.
As Virgin Australia Cabin Crew, you are the face of our unique brand, no two days will ever be the same and you will expand your career horizons (literally!).
Our Cabin Crew;
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and fellow crew as a priority
- Create a memorable in-flight experience and exceed guest expectations
- Adapt to a dynamic and constantly evolving industry
- Communicate and collaborate with both cabin and ground crew who are passionate about their roles
- Fulfill a full time, permanent position and work on a 24×7 rotating shift roster 365 days a year – this includes early starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays.
To Apply You Will;
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- Hold a current passport with unrestricted access to all Virgin Australia ports of call
- Have completed secondary education
- Be competent in written and spoken English – Bilingual communication in English/ Mandarin will be highly regarded
- Be able to reach a height of 180 cm on flat feet and not be taller than 187cm
- Able to swim confidently without the aid of a flotation device
- Have high attention to detail and polished grooming
- Embrace ongoing yearly recurrence training
- Be able to sign on at the airport – ready to work within 2 hours when on call
We are looking for pilots to join our regional team in Perth as a Fokker 100 First Officer. Whether you have been flying in General Aviation or you are an experienced jet pilot, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for Flight Crew who love coming to work as much as we do! Our Flight Crew work a 24/7 rotating shift roster 365 days a year – this includes early starts, late finishes, weekends and public holidays. This means we are looking for pilots who demonstrate reliability, flexibility, strong communication and team working skills. To ensure your application is considered, there are number of minimum requirements that we need you to meet:
- 1,000 hours Total Experience
- 500 hours Multi-Engine Command, or 500 hours as a First Officer on transport category aircraft
- Australian CPL
- Australian ATPL subjects
- Australian Command Multi-Engine Aeroplane Instrument Proficiency Check (or equivalent)
- Australian Class 1 Medical
- English Language Proficiency Level 6
Apart from joining an airline with an exemplary safety record and ongoing excellence in on time performance, you can expect:
- 42 days Annual leave
- Loss of licence insurance
- Annual salary increase
- Extensive Staff travel program that is easy to use and can be enjoyed by your family and friends too
- Lifestyle – you have the ability to bid for the rosters that will suit your lifestyle
- Career progression. You will receive first rate training throughout your flying career with Virgin Australia, designed to equip you with the skills to consistently develop and progress.
- Through our Group Career Progression Program you will be eligible to be promoted to other aircraft fleets within the Virgin Australia Group.
We currently have a great part-time opportunity for an outstanding receptionist to join our team, who has a genuine desire to display a passion for delighting both internal and external customers, day to day.
The function of Virgin Australia Reception is to create an outstanding first impression for our company and brand, whether face to face at Brisbane Head Office or speaking with customers calling via Virgin Australia’s main contact phone number. As a receptionist at Virgin Australia Head Office, you will:
- Coordinate the security check-in of all VIP guests, contractors and visitors to the corporate office.
- Liaise with all Virgin Australia departments, Executive Committee members, Senior Management and their EA’s/PA’s, contractors and Virgin Australia employees.
- Receive and refer calls to various departments throughout Virgin Australia, whilst maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of Virgin Australia and Virgin Australia employees.
- Receive walk-in guests to the Virgin Australia Corporate Office and refer the guests to the appropriate department for assistance.
- Screen all incoming calls and transfer to appropriate departments via warm transfer as required.
- Screen all calls and offer assistance and appropriate contact details for follow up as required.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality when receiving calls from the media.
Hours of operation for Virgin Australia Reception is Monday to Friday, 07:30am – 5:00pm. (You will be required to work an 8.5 hour shift in between those times over a 5 days per fortnight roster).
Who you are:
A Champion of Better. You strive to make things better for the team and the business.
A customer service expert. You strive to ensure the best outcome for your customers.
A superior communicator. You pride yourself on your verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable in speaking with customers around any situation.
A team player. You work collaboratively to achieve the goals of the business.
A level headed self-motivator. You have no problems remaining calm under pressure and will put your head down and work through it.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent punctuality, attendance and grooming standard.
- Responsible and to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Previous Reception or a Front Office environment experience.
- Previous Face to Face Customer Service experience.
- Prior knowledge of the Virgin Australia Corporate Structure, Alliances and Code Share Partners is advantageous.
Operational Safety Specialist
The Operational Safety Specialist is responsible for overseeing the Tigerair Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Change Management Program in accordance with the established processes as outlined in the Tigerair’s approved Safety Management System (SMS) to ensure compliance across departments.
This includes; assisting/guiding the Tigerair team to undertake technical risk assessments, compliance management and administration of the Tigerair RMF and Change Management Program. The role also includes the provision of advice to senior management in relation to risk management standards and departmental risk reporting for the operations divisions.
Other key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supporting departments in risk management workshops, including providing necessary training and guidance
- Coordination and participation in risk administration/process in accordance with the approved SMS
- Providing necessary risk information and analysis to safety governance forums and other forums as required
- Support departments in change management workshops, including providing necessary training and guidance
- Coordination and participation in the change management administration/process in accordance with the approved SMS
- Preparation and administration of Change Management Committees
- Continuous improvement of the Change Management Process
- Develop enhancements to the Safety Reporting System (Tigerair use Aviation Quality Database (AQD)) to provide beneficial and meaningful data outputs to the organisation
- Develop metrics and apply analytical tools to analyse data to identify trends and assess known risk
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will be a safety enthusiast with strong attention to detail. You will be able to remain focused in a pressured environment and enjoy working in a close-knit team.
Your skills and/or experience will include:
- Relevant qualifications in risk management and/or change management discipline (Or equivalent experience gained)
- Demonstrated experience in applying ISO 31000 Risk Management Model methodologies (Or equivalent experience with other compliance models)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in safety or risk related discipline (Aviation preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to analyse various forms of data and to provide accurate and reliable advice and recommendations based on this analysis
- Demonstrated ability in building positive relationships with staff
- Ability to work under pressure and through situations of high demand or involving conflict
- Cert IV Training and Assessment desirable
- Experience in AQD desirable
Virgin Australia Job Application Form/PDF
There are two ways to make your application for Virgin Australia. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview.
The second way of application is to head to the nearest Virgin Australia to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
How to Apply for Virgin Australia Jobs;
Click on the link below to apply for a job