Target Australia Technical Lead Job Description
- Challenge yourself in this fast paced, fun environment
- An opportunity to be bold and innovative in your approach
- Fantastic career development within a large team
Target is here for millions of Australians every day. We are a business with a rich history and an exciting future in retail, 90 years strong and still passionate about making fashion, style & quality affordable for the whole family.
It’s an exciting time to join our iconic retail brand, Target is on a renewed journey and working as part of the Wesfarmers family this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Lead – Retail Innovation to join our IT team based in our Store Support Office in North Geelong. Later this year we will be moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing in Melbourne with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and Melbourne hot desk offices.
Find All Target Australia Jobs Here; Target Australia Job Application
About our Role
Reporting to the Head of Innovation, the Technical Lead – Retail Innovation will be responsible for providing exceptional Technical advice , driving continuous improvement across project and initiatives delivery, hands-on guidance and direction to Target IT team members through their extensive knowledge and expertise in the end-to-end application domains, in line with Target’s values.
Other key responsibilities may include:
- Formulation and on-going updates of the technical roadmap for Innovation
- Technical leadership and guidance across Innovation and delivery centres
- Provide SME consultation to teams and projects as well as Support teams as required
- Manage vendors to ensure delivery of Innovation initiatives are delivered as per the solutions
- Assist with Innovation practices and principles to ensure adoption across teams, as well as measuring and maintaining maturity
- Lead the Target vision, strategy and values within the team and across the organisation
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications along with strong experience in technical coding, and an expert understanding of digital systems, cloud technologies and a proven ability to learn new applications / platforms & technology. Proven experience working with architecture, development and infrastructure teams as well as Head of IT, Delivery Managers and Vendors is essential as is strong experience managing 3rd party vendors to develop solutions at pace, strong understanding of SDLC processes / methodologies / frameworks – with proven experience in Agile and Lean start up, and ability to demonstrate experience in performing technical assessments of market solutions..
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles & Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
- Novated and Operating Lease option available for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to take paid parental leave
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
How to Apply for Target Australia Technical Lead Jobs;