Service NSW Online Job Application Process
Service NSW stands as one of the best qualified companies among its field. By submitting your application to Service NSW that provides the opportunity to work in different positions and departments, you can climb the steps one by one in the way of reaching the top of your career goals. Candidates who reside in Australia will have detailed information both about the online and direct application to Service NSW through reading this article. The positions which you can apply for at the nearest Service NSW to your location will be explained below.
Service NSW is a whole of New South Wales Government Service access point that provides online, and in-person offices that handle more than 800 types of transactions including:
Functions of Roads and Maritime Services including boat or drivers licences, photo cards and vehicle and boat registration services
Functions of NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages
Obtaining Opal cards for public transport
NSW Fair Trading licences
Apply Online Service NSW Jobs
Having open positions in each department, Service NSW waits for your applications. Service NSW does not require high- level qualifications but the ambition for work and dynamic/ energetic nature for entry level positions: after the application is completed, if the candidate is appropriate for the position, the candidate will be required to join an interview to check the application information and eligibility for the position face to face and the recruitment will be done. Candidates can apply for the best fit position among the list below according to their history either online or directly.
- Prior experience in managing information related to Establishment (organisational structure) and Organisational Management data.
- Thorough technical understanding and proven application of organisational management modules using an HRIS (ideally SAP or similar).
- Proven ability to deliver accurate, high volume transactions in a fast paced, high change environment
- Prior experience providing advice on Establishment (organisational structure) queries
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in human resources is desirable, but not essential
Service Centre Manager
We are looking to build a strong team of customer service professionals for our Service Centres. This role requires a high degree of face to face interaction, so if you are a passionate and dynamic leader capable of managing change to achieve this exciting transformation for our customers, we want to hear from you.
To be successful you will have:
- A strong customer- orientated mindset
- Experience in managing a high volume service centre or retail outlet
- The ability to inspire, lead and manage a dynamic, high performing team
- Demonstrated experience in leading change initiatives within exciting environments
Maximum total Remuneration Package $115,586.69. Package includes Base Salary $88,450 – $104,281 plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Operational hours: The core hours of the Centre are 7:00am – 7:00pm; Monday – Friday & Saturdays 9:00am – 3:00pm.
- Full Time 35 hours per week across a 5 day roster
- Flexibility is required to work on a rotating roster between the Service Centre’s operational hours
- There may also be a requirement to work within various Centre’s
Support Services Specialist
The Service NSW team is committed to making a difference, and we continually calibrate our work against the core values of passion, teamwork and accountability to ensure our focus is always on the customer.
Requirements of the Support Services Specialist role:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the breadth of a variety of Government services, assistance packages and initiatives that customers may be eligible for to be able to provide personalised, consultative and high quality support to customers of NSW in determining eligibility
- Assist eligible customers with the application process for support packages and services via multichannel delivery methods including face to face, telephone and through various technology applications
- Ensure accurate case notes are recorded from customer interviews and refer customers where necessary to authorised experts, whilst working with a variety of information sources from a range of Government agencies to find solutions for customers
- Contribute to the success of Service NSW objectives as a Service Centre team member, and assist in Service Centre operations as required
- Comply with privacy requirements and legislative obligations ensuring confidentiality, privacy and integrity of information is not compromised.
- Full-Time 35 hours per week
- You will be required to work one Saturday a fortnight if your Service Centre is open 6 days a week
- Flexibility is required to work on a rotating roster between Service Centres’ operational hours.
Package for Support Services Specialist roles includes a base salary range of $75,749 – $79,607, plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Service NSW Job Application Form/PDF
There are two ways to make your application for Service NSW. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview.
The second way of application is to head to the nearest Service NSW to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
How to Apply for Service NSW Jobs;
Click on the link below to apply for a job