QBE Online Job Application Process
QBE stands as one of the best qualified companies among its field. By submitting your application to QBE that provides the opportunity to work in different positions and departments, you can climb the steps one by one in the way of reaching the top of your career goals. Candidates who reside in Australia will have detailed information both about the online and direct application to QBE through reading this article. The positions which you can apply for at the nearest QBE to your location will be explained below.
We achieve an inclusive and performance-based culture
Diversity and inclusion
QBE Australia recognises the value of a diverse workforce; we believe diversity and inclusion is essential for a strong, successful company. We encourage a working environment that is welcoming, fair and inclusive for all.
Our workplace flexibility arrangements allow our people to better balance work-life commitments and offer special leave for cultural occasions. We know the needs of a diverse workforce are not all the same and are developing initiatives for our mature age workforce, LGBTI, indigenous employees and those with disabilities.
Apply Online QBE Jobs
Having open positions in each department, QBE waits for your applications. QBE does not require high- level qualifications but the ambition for work and dynamic/ energetic nature for entry level positions: after the application is completed, if the candidate is appropriate for the position, the candidate will be required to join an interview to check the application information and eligibility for the position face to face and the recruitment will be done. Candidates can apply for the best fit position among the list below according to their history either online or directly.
Apply scientific principles to business processes and decisions to improve the quality and performance of various business units. Translate the decision-making needs and timeframes of internal business unit stakeholders into data driven, analytically tractable and scientifically provable problems. Apply scientific methods and big data tools to resolve them, sourcing and integrating relevant data, and collaborating with technical and subject matter expert peers as required; and communicate results, findings and recommendations back to business owners within actionable timeframes.
QBE is one of the top 20 global general insurers and is recognised as Australia’s largest international insurance and Reinsurance Company, with operations in 37 countries around the world.
Working at QBE, we recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
We offer you a dynamic workplace culture, one that values and leverages the unique ideas, capabilities and experiences you bring irrespective of where you are in the world. We believe this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals, particularly as it relates to innovation, growth and our focus on customers.
QBE is about to embark on a journey of growth in Data and Analytics and we will be looking for a number of experienced Data professionals to help us in this next phase of our growth.
The Data Scientist serves as a modelling and data science partner for assigned business areas responsible for the scientific integrity of work products, including study design, research methodology, and the deployment of statistical approaches and modelling.
- Leading analytical conversation with business centred on “The art of the possible using data science”, exploring data from a modelling perspective, and performing initial exploratory data analysis to assess business value
- Working with information management specialists to identify and classify new feature sets, explore machine learning algorithms, and extract new feature sets
- Working in close partnership with analytics managers to size analytical opportunities and execute plans that ensure a positive commercial return
- Managing day-to-day relationships with offshore analytics teams
- Developing, implementing and maintaining analytical models to identify fraud, drive recoveries and renewals, drive profitable growth, and improve underwriting, pricing and claims performance
- Building analytical application designs and prototyping to test ideas and drive innovation in an agile fashion
- Working with analytics partners to build and operationalise models, quantifying and analysing model performance, and overseeing model refreshing requirements
- Managing analytical projects and coordinating activities with other shared services partners by prioritising relevant activities and providing subject matter expertise
- Assisting in the development of commercial propositions involving the use of analytics within insurance core functions through own analysis, prior experience, and research & development
- Implementing fit-for-purpose analytics tools and infrastructure that will be adopted by end users (e.g. claims handlers)
- Contributing to IT strategy
- Positively promoting the department, division and company as a whole, in order to maximise brand leverage and develop the team’s profile
What does success look like?
- Degree qualified in econometrics, mathematics, statistics or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of statistical/data mining methods and application in a business environment
- Experience in working in Big data technology (Hadoop, NoSQL DB)
- Track record of implementing models that deliver significant sustained business impact
- Good understanding of Data Science domain, statistical and analytical model development and implementation
- Proficient in machine learning techniques and related disciplines
- Significant data management experience, gained from within the financial services sector, ideally within general insurance
- Good understanding of data modelling techniques, tools/language – R, Python and Scala
- Good knowledge of visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc
- Strong project management, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify solutions to complex business problems and implement solutions
- Business and financial acumen
- Curiosity to learn and keep up with market trends and innovations
- Flexibility to adapt in a complex changing environment
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team, engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At QBE, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration structure and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Paid Parental leave (inclusive of paid superannuation during this time)
- Secondment opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid volunteer leave
- Purchased leave
- Product discounts
- Superannuation matching
QBE Job Application Form/PDF
There are two ways to make your application for QBE. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview. The second way of application is to head to the nearest QBE to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
How to Apply for a QBE Job
Click on the link below to apply for a job