Qantas Online Job Application Process
Qantas stands as one of the best qualified companies among its field. By submitting your application to Qantas that provides the opportunity to work in different positions and departments, you can climb the steps one by one in the way of reaching the top of your career goals. Candidates who reside in Australia will have detailed information both about the online and direct application to Qantas through reading this article. The positions which you can apply for at the nearest Qantas to your location will be explained below.
Being part of the Qantas team requires each of us to rise to different challenges.
They work in a tough environment where we’re often expected to achieve the impossible, supported by good leadership, trust and respect. From our earliest days, people have been our priority; both the people who work for us, and the people who travel with us.
Today we employ over 30,000 exceptional individuals, with roughly 93% based in Australia, and together we fly over 50 million customers every year across Australia and around the world.
If you’re successful in joining us, you’ll be joining a team where creativity, diversity and innovation are encouraged. Every member of the Qantas Group enjoys the opportunity and support to follow their dreams, face new challenges and aim for the impossible.
Apply Online Qantas Jobs
Having open positions in each department, Qantas waits for your applications. Qantas does not require high- level qualifications but the ambition for work and dynamic/ energetic nature for entry level positions: after the application is completed, if the candidate is appropriate for the position, the candidate will be required to join an interview to check the application information and eligibility for the position face to face and the recruitment will be done. Candidates can apply for the best fit position among the list below according to their history either online or directly.
Apply Online Qantas Jobs
If you’re successful in being short-listed, you’ll be invited to attend an assessment. This may be one or a combination of the following: interview, psychometric testing, assessment centre or in tray exercises.
Interviews provide an opportunity for us to get to know you, and for you to obtain more information about Qantas and the role you’ve applied for. Interviews will take place with a representative from Human Resources, the hiring manager or a combination of both. The number and type of interviews across the segments will vary.
We may utilise Behavioural Event Interview questions which are designed to get you to talk about how you responded to or handled specific situations or events in the past. To best answer these questions you need to set the scene, describe the action you took and explain what the outcome was.
To join our team you’ll need to:
- understand our customers – whether they’re regular flyers or have never flown before
- build relationships easily, trust your team, and contribute positively to their performance
- be prepared to adapt to any situation in a sensible, warm and safe way
- appreciate cultural diversity and show sensitivity towards customers who may need extra help – like children travelling alone, nervous flyers or people who speak languages other than English
- be genuine and caring when it comes to offering our customers food, beverages and anything else they may need to feel comfortable
- understand the importance of inflight hygiene and make sure all areas of the cabin are clean, fresh and ready for our customers
- be trained and confident in aircraft safety procedures and first aid.
Working within an aircraft is unique, so you’ll also need to meet the following criteria:
- minimum 18 years of age
- height between 163 – 183cm, or for QantasLink 158cm – 183cm
- Australian or New Zealand permanent residency and a passport ensuring unrestricted access to all Qantas ports of call with at least 12 months validity
- UK applicants must hold the legal right to live and work in the UK
- an excellent level of health and fitness, such as being able to swim 50 metres fully clothed unassisted and tread water for 3 minutes
- current Senior First Aid Certificate with a validity of 12 months at time of application
- Responsible Service of Alcohol ‘Statement of Attainment’, which you would need to have by the end of the recruitment process
- strong commitment to customer service with recent experience in a face-to-face role
- demonstrated empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries
- a willingness to relocate, as required, to any location
- experience in Food and Beverage service is an advantage
- a demonstrated fluency in at least one of the following priority languages will offer a distinct advantage for our International cabin crew positions: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Thai, Mandarin or Cantonese. Your language skills would be utilised in assisting our customers with both service and safety information.
Qantas Job Application Form/PDF
There are two ways to make your application for Qantas. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview. The second way of application is to head to the nearest Qantas to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
How to Apply for a Qantas Job
You can submit an application for a role on our Careers siteOpens external site in a new window via the ‘Apply’ or ‘Apply with LinkedIn’ button located at the top of each job listing. The first time you apply, you’ll need to create an account with us.
If you’ve already created your profile, you can sign in and access your application and personal information to update if necessary.
First impressions count, so ensure your CV is up to date and highlights skills and experience relevant to the job for which you are applying. This will give you the best chance of being short-listed for the next stage. There may be additional role specific questions which you’ll need to answer so we can consider your application.