Macquarie University Online Job Application Process
Macquarie University stands as one of the best qualified companies among its field. By submitting your application to Macquarie University that provides the opportunity to work in different positions and departments, you can climb the steps one by one in the way of reaching the top of your career goals. Candidates who reside in Australia will have detailed information both about the online and direct application to Macquarie University through reading this article. The positions which you can apply for at the nearest Macquarie University to your location will be explained below.
Campus Life delivers food, retail, childcare, sport and recreational facilities and services to over 39,000 students and staff at Macquarie University. We aim to make sure that working for Campus Life is fulfilling, rewarding and fun and overall a great place to work.
Apply Online Macquarie University Jobs
Having open positions in each department, Macquarie University waits for your applications. Macquarie University does not require high- level qualifications but the ambition for work and dynamic/ energetic nature for entry level positions: after the application is completed, if the candidate is appropriate for the position, the candidate will be required to join an interview to check the application information and eligibility for the position face to face and the recruitment will be done. Candidates can apply for the best fit position among the list below according to their history either online or directly.
Macquarie University Job Application Form/PDF
There are two ways to make your application for Macquarie University. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview. The second way of application is to head to the nearest Macquarie University to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
Reporting to the Central Animal Facility Manager, the Technical Officer (Transgenic Technologist/microinjectionist) will be responsible for the production of transgenic and gene edited mouse lines, embryo transfer surgeries, sperm and embryo cryopreservation, animal husbandry and staff management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Microinjection of plasmid-based transgenes, bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs) and CRISPR/Cas9 reagents into the pronucleus or cytoplasm of one-cell mouse embryos to create novel transgenic or gene-edited mouse lines.
- Embryo transfer surgeries in pseudopregnant mice.
- Cryopreservation and recovery of mouse sperm and/or embryos.
- IVF and rederivation of mouse lines.
- Vasectomy surgery operations.
- Animal husbandry necessary for the performance of duties listed above, such as routine monitoring of mice, hormone injections to superovulate donor female mice, tail biopsies to provide samples to investigators for genotyping analysis.
- Monitoring for compliance with the Macquarie University Animal Ethic Committee requirements.
- The successful candidate should be willing to teach/supervise staff.
- Flexibility in hours, and in working weekends and holidays when needed.
- Experience with ES cells injections or rat transgenesis is a plus.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- A degree (minimum level, Diploma) in Medical Science, Biosciences, Veterinary Sciences, Applied Science or a related field
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working in a transgenic facility including generating new transgenic mouse lines by pronuclear injection (experience with ES cells injections or rat transgenesis is desirable)
- Demonstrated experience and competence in laboratory animal handling and mouse reproductive engineering techniques
- Demonstrated experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting microinjection instrumentation
- Good organisation and time management skills. Ability to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and provide training to team members.
The Department of Psychology is inviting applications from current casuals for a part-time, fixed term teaching-focussed Associate Lecturer position for the Master of Professional Psychology program.
The successful candidate will contribute up to 80% teaching and teaching related duties, involvement in scholarship and research related to psychologist training, and service to the department. This position will make a particular contribution to the Master of Professional Psychology curriculum, accreditation requirements and student liaison. The successful candidate is encouraged to supervise research projects in the honours program.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and then upload the response as a separate document during the online application process.
Relevant criteria for this position includes:
- A PhD
- Demonstrated academic knowledge in the discipline and experience delivering high quality learning and teaching, including the design, delivery, and management of lectures, small group supervision, and assessment in relevant teaching units
- Experience in the selection process required for prospective candidates in professional psychology programs.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience to make a useful contribution to the academic life and administrative tasks of the Department with a track record of effective teamwork
- Eligibility for registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
How to Apply for a Macquarie University Job
Click on the link below to apply for a job