Jay Jays Retail Store Manager Job Description
Work in a supportive environment with structured training and induction to continue your career development
Join Australia’s “Fast Fashion” leader – Jay Jays; which is part of The Just Group’s 7 amazing brands and advance your career to the next level
Be rewarded for performance and receive 50% staff discounts on Jay Jays latest trends
ABOUT JAY JAYS
Jay Jays we’re all about having a good time and not taking life too seriously. We turn the music up loud and live life in our favourite tees, tanks and sweats, paired back with denim and essentials.
Whether you’re on a road trip to the beach, huddled around a campfire, headed to a festival or just chillin’ with friends, we’ve got you sorted with the best ever range of denim, the raddest print tees, the cutest dresses, basics to throw on and the perfect accessories at easy on the pocket prices!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced fashion Retail store manager to join the Jay Jays crew to lead and engage a team of 5 at our BELCONNEN store!
To succeed in this role you must be passionate about providing a fun, honest, energetic and above all, an individual experience for the Jay Jays customer.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Develop, train and succession plan a team of 5
- Processing and management of stock to maximise sales
- Daily management of stock and adherence to policies to minimise stock loss
- Set up of instore promotions and visual merchandising
- Manage rosters and wage targets
- Improve performance and productivity of the store team
- Store administration; including daily reports, banking and cash handling
- Create a safe working environment for your team
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as a retail store manager
- Ability provide an exceptional and unique customer experience to maximise sales
- Proven ability to achieve and inspire a team deliver sales, wages, KPI & stock loss targets
- Strong visual merchandising skills working from a brief with a creative flair
- Experience in developing, managing and training a team
- Experience in succession planning your team
- Proven ability to minimise stock loss through good disciplines and process
- Extensive knowledge in health & safety
- An environment where great performance is recognised and rewarded
- 50% staff discounts and bonuses, plus opportunities for product incentives
- Coaching, training and development plans to set you up for a rewarding career
- Work for a company where 60% of our Store Management positions are filled internally
- Annual salary reviews
- Amazing career opportunities across 7 brands and 1,000 retail outlets [MELBOURNE ONLY – plus a local
- Support Office in Richmond, Victoria]
- The chance to win our “Store Manager of the year award” which has great prizes
- The chance to attend and participate in conferences
- The support to run the store like your own and to make decisions that impact your store’s performance
- Regular interaction with key people at The Just Group Support Office
We attract, retain and motivate high calibre employees. Our outstanding leadership team have developed and nurtured a culture that supports our success. We value speed, integrity, energy, and results. We have a ‘can do’ culture where employees see the difference they make.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in their career with Jay Jays – a place where we’re all about ‘freedom of expression’ and about being whoever you want to be! Nail it. Rock it. Love it. Own it.