Jay Jays Assistant Retail Store Manager Job Description
Work in a supportive environment with structured training and induction to continue your career development
Join Australia’s “Fast Fashion” leader – Jay Jays; which is part of The Just Group’s 7 amazing brands and advance your career to the next level
Be rewarded for performance and receive 50% staff discounts on Jay Jays latest trends
ABOUT JAY JAYS
Jay Jays we’re all about having a good time and not taking life too seriously. We turn the music up loud and live life in our favourite tees, tanks and sweats, paired back with denim and essentials.
Whether you’re on a road trip to the beach, huddled around a campfire, headed to a festival or just chillin’ with friends, we’ve got you sorted with the best ever range of denim, the raddest print tees, the cutest dresses, basics to throw on and the perfect accessories at easy on the pocket prices!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Assistant Retail Store Manager of ESSENDON Jay Jays you will be responsible for working alongside the Store Manager to maximise sales, uphold the image of the brand and lead and inspire the team of 5. You will lead by example and will have a proven track record in customer connection and know how to translate this to your team whilst having fun.
To succeed in this role you must be passionate about providing a fun, honest, energetic and above all, an individual experience for the Jay Jays customer.
- Act as Store Manager when required, including opening and closing of the store
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Develop, train and succession plan team of 5
- Manage and process stock
- Set up of instore promotions and visual merchandising
- Store administration; including daily reports, banking and cash handling
- Minimise stock loss through good disciplines and process
- Develop group member accountability for effective teamwork
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A proven track record in a retail environment
- Extensive knowledge in loss prevention, health & safety and visual merchandising
- Sound leadership skills
- Strong customer focus
- A passion for fashion!
At the Just Group we provide an environment where good performance is recognised and rewarded. When joining our team, you will also be offered:
- Comprehensive training and development plans, including an opportunity to be part of our Future Leaders
- Program which is designed to develop and train our future Store Managers
- Amazing career opportunities across 7 brands and 1,000 retail outlets
- Work for a company where 60% of our Store Management positions are filled internally
- Annual salary reviews
- 50% staff discounts
- Opportunities for product incentive
We attract, retain and motivate high calibre employees. Our outstanding leadership team have developed and nurtured a culture that supports our success. We value speed, integrity, energy, and results. We have a ‘can do’ culture where employees see the difference they make.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a driven individual to take the next step in their career with Jay Jays – a place where we’re all about ‘freedom of expression’ and about being whoever you want to be! Nail it. Rock it. Love it. Own it.