CrownBet Careers and Apply Online for Australia Jobs
Also called Crownbet and BetEzy, the current name of the company is BetEasy. It is a sports betting company in Australia. The company has a license issued by the government. It is one of the subsidiaries of The Stars Group. It also signed an agreement as the official betting partner of the Australian Football League. You can also apply for one of the various positions in this company.
Crownbet Job Vacancies
Having open positions in each department, CrownBet waits for your applications. CrownBet does not require high- level qualifications but the ambition for work and dynamic/ energetic nature for entry level positions: after the application is completed, if the candidate is appropriate for the position, the candidate will be required to join an interview to check the application information and eligibility for the position face to face and the recruitment will be done. Candidates can apply for the best fit position among the list below according to their history either online or directly.
Customer Security/Payments and RSG Manager
CrownBet is the most sophisticated and rewarding wagering operator in its class. Built on a powerful partnership with The Stars Group, we are well on our journey to be the number one wagering operator by 2020, delivered through excellent people, process and technology within an innovative and dynamic culture.
The Responsible Service of Gambling (RSG) is pivotal to our aim of being the most socially responsible wagering business in Australia, and it underpins everything we do. We’ve created a new role for a Manager of RSG, Fraud & Payments to join our Customer Operations team and help us drive Best Practice.
More about the ROLE:
Reporting to the Director of Customer Operations, you will provide management oversight to ensure that any unusual or suspicious transactions, or wagering activity on CrownBet’s wagering platforms are flagged and investigated. In addition to managing the Customer Security and Payments team, key accountabilities include:
- Support development and implementation of the operational strategy for the Customer Security and Payments Teams
- Develop, manage and maintain key relationships with external investigation authorities, regulators, financial institutions, sporting and racing bodies, and work with them to promote CrownBet’s image and address any regulatory or compliance issues
- Manage relationships with payments providers
- Continually drive efficiencies and synergies throughout the department, and across the business
- Deliver and maintain a high performing and engaged workforce through Performance Management, coaching and structured development
- Manage internal investigations for significant fraud and/or those with a potential for high impact to the business
- Manage all aspects of Chargeback Administration, and External Requests for Information from law enforcement and social justice agencies
- Monitor, detect and investigate instances of fraud against CrownBet
- Manage and oversee large fraud and integrity cases
- Manage responsible gambling issues; both those raised by customers and/or those detected by CrownBet
CrownBet is a proud founding member of Responsible Wagering Australia, promoting the highest standards of integrity and probity in the Australian online wagering industry. If you share our passion and have any of the following skills and attributes we’d love to hear from you:
- 5 years’ experience in managing online fraud with knowledge of (detection and prevention) strategies, tools and techniques, ideally from gaming or financial sector
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of payment processes for card, card not present (CNP), and other payment types
- Strong analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail with the ability to spot trends and identify unusual behaviour.
- Knowledge of Fraud, AML/CTF legislation, Payment Card Industry (PCI) and data security
- Ability to promote and maintain strong communication and engagement with key stakeholders
- Strong people management skills with the ability to provide direction, and with proven operational management and leadership skills
- Experience in investigating, gathering and reporting on data relating to fraudulent activity
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work within a flexible roster including after hours on call responsibilities
If you’re passionate about establishing best practices that are focused on protecting customers and minimising harm to the business then this is the role for you! In return for your hard work we have a number of benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to 5 weeks’ annual leave, Lunch ‘n’ Learn sessions, matched charity donations, the MYKI commuter club and, as the official wagering partner to the AFL, there are heaps of opportunities to catch a game or two!
CrownBet was recognised as an Employer of Choice by The Australian Business Awards 2017. This award recognises organisations that maximise the full potential of their workforce through practices that demonstrate effective employee recruitment, engagement and retention.
With teams in Darwin, Melbourne and Sydney, we’re passionate about what we do and proud of our unique heritage and entrepreneurial spirit. We work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that push the limits of our customers’ expectations. With brilliant minds and a vibrant culture, the sky’s the limit! Our environment is supportive and friendly, we encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
CrownBet Job Application Form / PDF
There are two ways to make your application for CrownBet. The first one is that you can fill in the application form, the link to the form is provided below, for the current open positions listed above. During your applications, you are strictly required to fulfill your educational background and working history/experiences completely, so that you will not encounter any issues once you are called for an interview. The second way of application is to head to the nearest CrownBet to your local residence and deliver your application either to human resources manager or general manager. Having your CV in hand while delivering your application to the manager will be an advantage for your application to be taken into consideration rapidly. If you do not have the time to prepare an application form, instead, you may consider using template forms that most of the companies to receive.
How to Apply for a CrownBet Job
1. Click on the link below to apply for a job