Big W Senior Commercial Finance Analyst Job Description
What we’re like
BIG W’s best and most valued asset is its team of 22,000 passionate people in Australia and Asia. We believe the most vital ingredient to driving our business success is our people and we aim to empower every individual to make a positive contribution, extend career skills and ultimately maximise their potential.
• High performing and engaged team
• Be part of one of retails largest turnarounds
• Clear accountability, development and succession plans for your career
The Senior Commercial Finance Analyst partners with the Commercial Managers to drive the Big W commercial category financial business plan to life through analytics, reporting and identifying profit improvement opportunities and providing insights on business trends and performance. This role will also provide streamlined reporting for the team and provide support on a number of ad-hoc projects all geared around the BIG W turnaround.
- A trusted advisor and Partner to the Commercial Managers in assisting with analytics, identifying profit improvement opportunities and streamlining business reporting
- Lead in consolidating weekly and monthly commercial reporting requirements to increase efficiency and reduce reporting time
- Ability to step in as required to the Commercial Manager role
- Identify business trends through deep dive analysis on category performance, promotion effectiveness, price/volume/mix and scenario planning
- Ability to work across various categories in supporting the commercial managers on multiple ad-hoc requests and projects
- Identify and develop process improvements for the team across forecasting, streamlining reporting and working on the same source of financial data
- Provide support to the Online/Digital team with the reporting, month end requirements and working on business cases to grow the channel
- Cross train with the Marketing Analyst to provide coverage as required
- Develop as a finance professional in consultation with your line manager a clear development and succession plan.
If you are looking for your next career move and hungry to be part of a high performing team critical to the success of the brand’s turnaround then this is the role for you.
• Previous experience in a senior finance analyst role
• Experience managing and business partnering with multiple stakeholders, driving results through insights and storytelling
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly ambigious environment
Job Application Link: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Woolworths&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=254329&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=f0cx34%2b0%2fYN5l6DiuNAYMPuRDms%3d