Big W Merchandise Planner Job Description
What we’re like
BIG W’s best and most valued asset is its team of over 18,000 passionate people in Australia and Asia. We believe the most vital ingredient to driving our business success is our people and we aim to empower every individual to make a positive contribution, extend career skills and ultimately maximise their potential.
• Be part of a skilled and collaborative planning team
• Norwest location, onsite parking, supermarket and gym
• Think BIG and join one of Australia’s biggest retailers
As a Merchandise Planner in the BIG W business you will develop plans, forecasts and parameters that ensure our range has the right mix, quantity and price to drive sales, profit and optimise inventory. This critical role is also responsible for:
• Developing merchandise financial plans informed by top-down and bottom-up data
• Developing the option plan and setting a framework within which Buyers can select ranges; work with buyer to ensure range is bought within plan parameters and OTB
• Developing models and forecasts to support accurate financial planning and to optimise stock and sales
• Interrogate reports, provide insights and recommendations
• Work with the planogram team to optimise inventory and stock on hand
To be successful in this role and thrive in our high performance culture, you will have solid experience as a Merchandise Planner either within an Apparel or Hardgoods category.
Other key skills include:
• Commercial acumen – deliver results through others and thinks ahead
• Strong analytical thinking with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future
• Stakeholder management – is able to influence and positively engage with others.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to change
• Attention to detail with an ability to work to deadlines
BIG W is one of Australia’s most loved brands and has been part of our families for over 40 years. At BIG W, we put our customer at the heart of everything we do across our network of 183 stores nationally. We sell exclusive BIG W brands that are simply great quality at low prices as well as feature leading international brands. Our customers can choose everything for their kids, home, themselves, for leisure and for their everyday life. Our team of over 18,000 members is located in Australia, Hong Kong and Bangladesh.
Job Application Link: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Woolworths&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=247441&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=LFjC9eoGDWjgMTcjc%2bMbP4RDy%2fM%3d