Big W Logistics Analyst Job Description
What we’re like
BIG W’s best and most valued asset is its team of 22,000 passionate people in Australia and Asia. We believe the most vital ingredient to driving our business success is our people and we aim to empower every individual to make a positive contribution, extend career skills and ultimately maximise their potential.
• Join one of Australia’s most iconic brands
• 6 month fixed term contract opportunity, start immediately!
• Collaborative team and supportive leader
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a driven and dynamic Logistics Analyst to work cross functionally with our Commercial, Replenishment and Store Operations teams on improving the efficient flow of stock through our Logistics network. In this role, you will be providing end to end visibility and analysis on stock movement through the supply chain, ensuring stock is delivered to stores on time.
Reporting to the Logistics Support Manager and based in our Support Office in Bella Vista, you will:
• Collaborate with the Commercial, Replenishment and Store Operations teams to provide visibility of at risk brochure stock to the Logistics teams
• Develop and efficiently communicate a logistics plan for the key events
• Develop a capacity plan to manage the logistics constraints during peak periods across the logistics network
• Identity and implement BIG W supply chain initiatives and continuous improvement opportunities
• Streamline and centralise information for stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following experience:
• Superior relationship management in building rapport with peers/stakeholders of all levels and resolving conflict to achieve business outcomes
• Ability to administrate, transform and validate large amounts of data working with a variety of systems (preferably WMS and SAP)
• Strong detail orientation and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
• Proven ability to work independently on multiple tasks and deliver within agreed time frames
• Intermediate – advanced MS Office (Excel), reporting, Google (Docs, Sheets)
• Previous experience in Supply Chain or Retail will be highly regarded
For over 50 years BIG W has been the trusted backstop of Australian households. We have clothed Australian families, furnished Australian homes and filled Australian toy boxes. We opened our first store on the outskirts of Newcastle in New South Wales in 1964 and have 186 stores operating across Australia today.
BIG W is proud to provide Australian shoppers with a broad range of quality general merchandise products at low prices. From women’s, men’s and children’s clothing and shoes to homewares, electronics, pet food, cleaning items, party goods, toys and books, BIG W is a popular one-stop-shop for customers seeking great design, brands and value across the country.