Big W Junior Buyer Job Duties
You will be responsible for purchasing pet food and accessories. It is also your responsibility to manage the procurement process. You will report to the person in the Category Manager position regarding your work. The pricing of the products is expected to take many things into consideration. All factors such as sales, the profit that the company will make, the satisfaction of the customer to buy must be considered. What you should do:
- You should do various researches to learn all the details about the target market of the company and the foreign market.
- You must properly plan for both promotions and events and stay in close contact with the stores.
- After the analysis of the season, you should create summaries related to the category and the relevant department.
- You should establish good relations with suppliers and, where necessary, properly negotiate trade terms.
Find All Big W Jobs Here; Big W Employment Application
You will be expected to have worked as a Junior Buyer or Assistant Category Manager in any workplace for a certain period of time. Persons in this position should be skilled in interpreting results. In addition, the ability to analyze should be developed and should be able to plan. In addition, people with business acumen will be more advantageous than other candidates. Other basic skills you should have are: (orj.)
- Ability to positively engage with others and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Previous experience trading a small category desirable
- Highly resilient and adaptive to change
- Proficient in Excel
This is a terrific opportunity to grow and nuture your buying career under the guidance of a Senior Buyer to gain further development in range building, marketing and working for a volume discount retailer.
How to Apply for Big W Junior Buyer Jobs;