Big W Junior Buyer Job Description
As an Assistant Category Manager reporting into the Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for buying and managing the Pet Food & Accessories range. You will price the range to maximise sales, profit, customer satisfaction and optimise inventory. In this role you will be:
- Building and buying the ranges in line with option plan/OTB and on the critical path schedule
- Own supplier relationships to optimise business outcomes with strong partnering; negotiate trading terms with suppliers
- Post season analysis and prepare department and category summaries
- Work closely with Marketing, Planning and Stores on the execution of promotions and events
- Conduct research in order to gain a thorough understanding of the target markets and external market drivers
Find All Big W Jobs Here; Big W Job Application
You will have previous experience as an Assistant Category Manager or Junior Buyer in a retail buying team successfully supporting a sizeable category with proven results. Your sound commercial acumen with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future, will ensure your success in this role.
Other key skills used in this exciting role include:
- Ability to positively engage with others and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Previous experience trading a small category desirable
- Highly resilient and adaptive to change
- Proficient in Excel
This is a terrific opportunity to grow and nuture your buying career under the guidance of a Senior Buyer to gain further development in range building, marketing and working for a volume discount retailer.
How to Apply for Big W Junior Buyer Jobs;