Big W Online Job Application Process in New South Wales
Candidates who reside in New South Wales will have detailed information both about the online and direct application to Big W through reading this article. The positions which you can apply for at the nearest Big W to your location will be explained below.
Big W Open Positions in New South Wales
Forecast Analyst – NSW
As the Forecast Analyst you will manage a large portfolio of products and take responsibility for ensuring that sales forecasts accurately predict the purchasing behaviours of customers. In this role you will proactively manage system generated forecasts to ensure that all future events and seasonality impacts are accounted for; forecasting methodologies are expertly applied and are accurately reflected through BIG W’s forecasting systems.
Reporting into the Sales Planning Manager and based at the Woolworths Support Office in Bella Vista you will:
- Analyse the effectiveness of forecasts based on seasonal periods and marketing campaigns & ensuring that forecasting systems reflect accurate sales forecasts
- Determine forecast methodologies to accurately predict weekly company sales for all products and stores within your given portfolio
- Contribute to the development, testing and execution of business strategies that will drive continuous improvement
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Prior experience in a Retail environment preferred
- Great with analytical problem solving and/or Forecasting
- Strong relationship building skills with facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Organising data and drawing insights and recommendations
Detailed information for Forecast Analyst job description/application.
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia both across BIG W and Woolworths
- Tech options – Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career – as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
- Located in Bella Vista. We have great head office facilities including free parking, on-site gym, sports courts, cafeteria, a metro store and exciting activities throughout the week
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
Category Range Analyst – NSW
As part of the Customer First Ranging program, the Category Range Analyst supports the BIG W Commercial team to develop customer focused ranges through a data driven category review process.
This role is key to the success of the Customer First Ranging program, one of the largest strategic initiatives of the business.
Reporting into the Head of Ranging, your core responsibilities include:
- Working with Category Managers and Heads of Commercial to create category strategies
- Communicate insights from data and provide recommendations on range reviews, covering range, price and layout
- Follow category performance post roll-out and propose corrective actions to optimise performance
- Embed the Customer First Ranging methodology and process into the Commercial team and drive continuous improvement
- Partner with other internal teams to plan and execute the review across all our stores
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a commercial or analytical role ideally from a retail or FMCG environment.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to positively engage and influence through relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results oriented mindset & persistence in landing change
- High level of curiosity with an interest in understanding customer needs
- Advanced Excel skills and proficient in Powerpoint
- Business transformation experience preferred