Big W Head of Financial Control Job Description
What we’re like
BIG W is one of Australia’s most loved brands and has been part of our families for over 40 years. At BIG W, we put our customer at the heart of everything we do across our network of 183 stores nationally. We sell exclusive BIG W brands that are simply great quality at low prices as well as feature leading international brands. Our customers can choose everything for their kids, home, themselves, for leisure and for their everyday life. Our team of over 18,000 members is located in Australia, Hong Kong and Bangladesh.
- Join one of Australia’s largest retailers
- Play a critical role in BIG W’s turnaround in this senior leadership role
- Lead, coach and mentor a team
BIG W is currently going through a significant turnaround and a talented and dynamic Financial Controller is required to help us along this journey. Reporting into the General Manager of Finance, your role leads a team to deliver financial business strategy, deliver sustainable sales, profit improvement, cost optimisation and business growth based on the strategic direction set by the GM of Finance and Executive Committee. Other key accountabilities will include:
- Sets and leads forward looking insights through compelling stories to secure sponsorship with Finance Leaders and Big W cross functional Leaders to deliver on the financial integrity on the business strategy to improve customer advocacy through business growth.
- Lead the Finance team as a customer 1st business partner that is valued by the wider BIg W business.
- Leads and educates a culture of collaboration within the Finance team to create a seamless experience.
- Lead cross functional post implementation reviews to drive continuous improvement and financial performance.
- Lead disciplined ways of working to ensure timelines are met, stakeholders are engaged appropriately and processes are efficient and cost effective;
- Coach and develop a team of Finance professionals with clear development plans and succession planning in place.
As an experienced finance professional you are able to build rapport, create credibility and influence decision making. Key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- Experience working in a large company under going a turnaround or experience in a fast space, changing environment
- Experience with business partnering working with stakeholders outside of Finance
- Team leading and coaching experience
- Strong FC technical skills with experience understanding the commercial consequences
What’s in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australian finance
- Tech options – Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career – As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
- Located in Bella Vista. We have great head office facilities including free parking, on-site gym, sports courts, cafeteria, a metro store and exciting activities throughout the week
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
Job Application Link: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Woolworths&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=254763&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=f0cx34%2b0%2fYN5l6DiuNAYMPuRDms%3d