Big W Finance Manager Job Description
What we’re like
BIG W’s best and most valued asset is its team of 22,000 passionate people in Australia and Asia. We believe the most vital ingredient to driving our business success is our people and we aim to empower every individual to make a positive contribution, extend career skills and ultimately maximise their potential.
• Drive digital strategy with business leaders
• Exciting turnaround culture driven by focussed and experienced leaders
• Be part of the BIG W digital growth journey, 500% growth in the last year
Due to the rapid and consistent growth of the BIG W digital team, we are now seeking to recruit a talented and driven Finance Manager. Support the business as it rolls out the new Customer Value Proposition, continues to build sales and perfomance through a great online offer and exceptional convenience through Pick Up and Home Delivery. Reporting into the Head of Finance – Distribution Channels, this is a unique opportunity to join the BIG W Finance Team to play an integral part in driving the Business’ turnaround.
- Leading the analysis and reporting of Sales, GP, Inventory and Strategy for the Digital Team
- Supporting and partner with the business leaders with the delivery of accurate commercial insights and analysis, identifying risks and opportunities
- Influencing better, forward-looking decision support to drive optimal business outcomes
- Improving commercial commentary, insights and analysis
- Driving sales and GP target setting, forecasting and budgeting insights and analysis
- Identifying and driving process and category specific improvements
- Thinking conceptually building new frameworks for process improvements
- Ad-hoc commercial analysis and decision support
To be successful in this position you will need to be able to demonstrate the following core career experiences:
• Proven track record in a senior commercial finance role ideally within an eCommerce/Digital business
• Strong analytical thinking with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future
• Strong change leadership skills
• CA/CPA Qualified
For over 50 years BIG W has been the trusted backstop of Australian households. We have clothed Australian families, furnished Australian homes and filled Australian toy boxes. We opened our first store on the outskirts of Newcastle in New South Wales in 1964 and have 185 stores operating across Australia today.
BIG W is proud to provide Australian shoppers with a broad range of quality general merchandise products at low prices. From women’s, men’s and children’s clothing and shoes to homewares, electronics, pet food, cleaning items, party goods, toys and books, BIG W is a popular one-stop-shop for customers seeking great design, brands and value across the country.
Job Application Link: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Woolworths&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=254328&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=f0cx34%2b0%2fYN5l6DiuNAYMPuRDms%3d