Big W Construction and Fitout Project Manager Job Description
Format Development – What we’re like
At BIG W, our customer is at the heart of everything we do. The store landscape is moving rapidly and we are evolving in line with the changing needs of the families that shop with us. The Format Development team delivers specialised and expertise support to improve the store experience and focus on development, format and design for the future BIG W store.
Delivering specialised project management support, you will be part of a team that plays a critical role in managing the refit and renewal projects across the BIG W store network. Lead the end to end process to deliver new stores, BAU and renewal Projects on time, on budget and to required safety and compliance standards.
- Participate in the Landlords Design and Documentation process and Issue documentation to the wider business for review and approval.
- Issue tenders for shop fitting and other trades, analyse tenders and make recommendations for approval
- Attend Landlord Construction meetings to ensure adherence to the Big W scope. Issue changes to the Big W Blueprint in a timely manner and review variations submitted.
- Co-ordinate Store Fitout works and Specialist Contractors. Overall management of all appointed contractors construction, including site safety and resolve all on-site issues.
- Undertake defects/incomplete works inspections at an occurrence as agreed with line manager.
- Participate in and influence the design and scoping elements for renewal projects, prepare all required tenders for building and other trades.
- Undertake a timely project close out. Carry out built quality inspections and all financial matters.
- Work with initiative leads to define and scope BAU projects, present projects in accordance to cost, time and resources including project timelines and budget scope.
- Ensure all vendors and contractors have live SLAs
Find All Big W Jobs Here; Big W Job Application
To be successful in this role and thrive in our turnaround culture, you will need to demonstrate
- Minimum 5 years experience in store development, construction and fit out across large and multi site projects
- Strong project financial experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills
What’s in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package including base, super and bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Store design
- Tech options – Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career – As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will help you thrive
- Located in Bella Vista. We have great head office facilities including free parking, on-site gym, sports courts, cafeteria, a metro store and exciting activities throughout the week
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of BIG W’s exciting store development journey, apply now.
How to Apply for Big W Construction and Fitout Project Manager Jobs;