Big W Assistant Category Manager Job Description
What we’re like
BIG W’s best and most valued asset is its staff. We believe one of the most vital elements of driving success is our people and empowering our workforce to meet their goals and extend their skills is a big part of our business.
• Think BIG and join one of Australia’s most iconic brands
• High volume, fast paced big box retail environment
• Enjoy autonomy and responsibility
About The Role
As an Assistant Category Manager and reporting into the Category Manager, you will be responsible for buying and managing your own range. You will price the range to maximise sales, profit, customer satisfaction and optimise inventory. Working with exciting products like Mobiles, Tablets, Fitbits & Photography you will be:
• Building and buying the ranges in line with option plan/OTB and on the critical path schedule
• Own supplier relationships to optimise business outcomes with strong partnering; negotiate trading terms with suppliers
• Post season analysis and prepare department and category summaries
• Work closely with Marketing, Planning and Stores on the execution of promotions and events
• Conduct research in order to gain a thorough understanding of the target markets and external market drivers
You will have previous experience as an Assistant Category Manager or Junior Buyer in a retail buying team successfully supporting a sizeable category with proven results. Your sound commercial acumen with the ability to interpret results, analyse and plan for the future, will ensure your success in this role.
Other competencies include:
• Ability to positively engage with others and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Previous experience trading a small category desirable
• Highly resilient and adaptive to change
• Proficient in Excel
For over 50 years BIG W has been the trusted backstop of Australian households. We have clothed Australian families, furnished Australian homes and filled Australian toy boxes. We opened our first store on the outskirts of Newcastle in New South Wales in 1964 and have 185 stores operating across Australia today.
BIG W is proud to provide Australian shoppers with a broad range of quality general merchandise products at low prices. From women’s, men’s and children’s clothing and shoes to homewares, electronics, pet food, cleaning items, party goods, toys and books, BIG W is a popular one-stop-shop for customers seeking great design, brands and value across the country.
Job Application Link: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=Woolworths&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=248939&selected_lang=en_GB&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=f0cx34%2b0%2fYN5l6DiuNAYMPuRDms%3d